Mix The Ingredients Together
Step 3: Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute. Add sugar and the melted butter to the mashed bananas and mix to incorporate.
Step 4: Crack one egg and whisk thoroughly. Add the egg and vanilla essence to the batter and mix.
Step 5: In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Feel free to add any additional ingredients at this point like chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins.
Step 6: Combine the dry and wet ingredients together thoroughly making sure there are no flour lumps in the batter.
Best Pan For Making Banana Bread
- For this banana bread recipe, I recommend a 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan so the bread rises up nice and tall.
- You can use 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, but your loaf will be a little shorter.
- If you use the smaller loaf pan, it will most likely take 5-10 minutes longer to bake. Both work well, the loaves will just be a little different in size, just make sure you watch the baking time. I always recommend checking the bread early if its your first time making the recipe.
- I use a metal pan that isnt too dark in color. If you are going to use a glass pan, decrease the oven temperature by 25 degrees. Make sure you grease the pan really well so the banana bread doesnt stick in the pan. I like to use a nonstick cooking spray.
- You can line the pan with parchment paper, with a little overhang, and spray it with cooking spray. This will make it easy to lift the bread out of the pan.
- If you want to make smaller loaves, you certainly can, just reduce the baking time!
What Bananas Are Good For Banana Bread
The most important aspect of your banana is to make sure that they are ripe enough. As bananas start to ripen, the starch in them starts to turn to sugar and they will soften. So, one way to tell is that they are softer to the touch. They will also start to get brown spots on the peel. A perfectly ripe banana for banana bread will be nice and soft and have a good amount of brown spots. If there is ANY green on the peel, they probably wont make very good banana bread. On the other hand, make sure they arent TOO ripe, as they could have mold on them at that point.
As I mentioned above, since this is a 2 banana bread recipe, and we are only using 2 bananas, they really DO need to be pretty good sized. Other than that, the actual brand of the banana doesnt matter at all.
Also Check: Great Low Carb Bread Co
How To Make Banana Bread Better
Scroll down for amounts of ingredients
Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. Into a large blender add in this exact order: two large bananas, yogurt, melted butter, vanilla, and two eggs. Blend on high for about 10 – 15 seconds. We’re looking for a smooth liquid batter.
Note, if you dont have a blender, you can puree the banana really finely, and then mix the batter by hand.
Add the sugar, sifted flour, baking soda and pinch of salt and blend again, JUST for 8-10 seconds tops! If your flour mixture isn’t fully combined with the batter, unplug your blender and just take a spatula and finish mixing it by hand . If you over-blend the batter, your banana bread will have gluey streaks. It will still be fine to eat but to avoid that, finish mixing the batter by hand. Remember to scrape the bottom and sides of your blender jug.
Pour the batter into an 8 inch loaf pan greased and lined with parchment paper, and bake in a preheated oven at 170 °C for about 50 – 60 minutes. If the banana bread starts to darken too much, you can cover it with some foil .
Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove it from the pan using the parchment paper and allow to cool completely.Store cooled banana bread in an airtight container or zip lock bag at room temperature for about 3 days.
If you liked this banana bread recipe, you might like these other recipes
Banana Custard Cake
Easy 2 Banana Bread Recipe
This 2 Banana Bread Recipe is a simple, easy recipe that will give you soft, moist results every time! Got a couple of over ripe bananas laying around? This recipe only takes 5 minutes to put together, so put those bananas to good use and bake this delicious recipes that is perfect as a breakfast treat, midday snack or yummy dessert! Banana bread tastes great cold, room temperature or warmed up with a pat of butter!
You May Like: Best San Francisco Sourdough Bread
Why This Recipe Works
- One banana needed: This recipe calls for using one very ripe banana. A banana that is even more speckled and brown than the one shown in the ingredient photo is perfect to use. The riper the banana, the sweeter the banana bread.
- The best banana bread recipe: If you love banana bread that tastes like bananas, this is your recipe. The bread is big on banana flavor and not “bready”. It’s moist and buttery with just the right about of sweetness.
- A tested and perfected recipe: I’ve been making banana bread for years and this 1 banana banana bread is a scaled-down version of my family’s favorite banana bread recipe.
How To Make Banana Bread Muffins
Mashed Bananas – For this recipe you will need about 2 bananas.
One bowl is all you need and no mixer! I use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix it all together. The best part is at the end when you dip the warm muffins in melted butter and then into a cinnamon & sugar mixture.
My kids just lick off the butter and sugar topping…. and it’s just so good you may do the same
Don’t Miss: Franz Gluten Free Bread Costco
How To Freeze Banana Bread
Ive received a lot of questions about freezing banana bread since I published the recipe, so let me share what works. You can freeze banana bread using these instructions to preserve its fresh flavor and texture for months!
I like to freeze banana bread in slices because the slices thaw much quicker even by lunchtime!
Overall, this is an easy recipe for classic banana bread. The batter takes about 10 minutes to throw together, the bread stays moist for days, and nothing beats the smell of fresh banana bread in the oven.
How To Quickly Ripen Bananas
If youre sitting there with unripe bananas and need to bake banana bread, there are a couple of tricks for speeding up the ripening process:
- Add to a paper bag. If you can wait a day or two, throw the bananas into a brown paper bag. Bananas release ethylene . If you can place the bag in a warmer area of your home, the process will go even quicker.
- Bake them. You can bake bananas in their peel to ripen them for a speedy option. This trick works best when the bananas arent entirely green and are already starting to ripen. To do it, line unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet and bake in a 300F oven until they look shiny and black . Dont worry if some banana flesh or juices leak out while they bake.
The bananas make the bread deliciously moist, sweet, and flavorful. Once youre ready with your bananas, the rest of the recipe comes together quickly.
Read Also: Gluten Free Bread Crumbs Whole Foods
Why Is My Banana Bread So Moist
Often, if you make banana bread and cut into it only to find a gooey, underbaked center, thats the reason. Its thanks to those bananas not having enough time. Its best to begin checking your banana bread sooner rather than later, but dont pull it out of the oven until youve checked that its fully baked.
Tips From The Pillsbury Kitchens
- tip 1 Its important to grease just the bottom of the loaf pan, so the batter can climb evenly up the pan’s sides to create a nicely rounded top crust. And remember to mix up the batter until the dry ingredients are moisteneda few streaks of flour are okay. Overmixing will cause the loaf to be dense, with tunnels running through it.
- tip 2 To ripen bananas quickly, place them in a brown paper bag at room temperature for 1 to 2 days.
- tip 3 When the loaf is fully baked, the top should crackthats a hallmark of moist-crumbed quick bread.
- tip 4 Use this base recipe as a starting point for other snack loaves. For Applesauce Bread: substitute 1 cup applesauce for the mashed bananas and stir ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon into the flour mixture. Berry-Banana Bread: stir in ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries into the flour mixture. Banana-Chocolate Chunk Bread: Stir ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate bar into the flour mixture, skipping the nuts.
Don’t Miss: Purina One Plus Large Breed
Recipes For Ripe Bananas
Its a constant game in our kitchen. We ALWAYS have bananas hanging on a hook on our countertop. We buy them every week. Often, when we get them at the store, they are a little too green. At the same time, we have leftovers from last week, but those are a little too ripe to eat. Ugghhh! Its a no-win situation.
Of course, while Im gonna have to just wait for those greenies to ripen up, there are tons of stuff I can do with the spotted ones. This blog is FULL of delicious recipes using ripe bananas. From the fresh and fruity Strawberry Banana Muffins and Blueberry Banana Muffins to classics like Banana Cream Pie and Banana Poke Cake, there is no shortage of delicious uses for ripe bananas. But one recipe we havent posted on here a good old fashioned Banana Bread! Well, that changes today!
How To Quickly Ripen Bananas For Banana Bread
- Ripening bananas in the oven Place the unpeeled bananas spaced apart on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 20 minutes until black or dark brown on the outside and soft to the touch. Allow them to cool before using.
- Ripening bananas in the microwave Using a fork, poke straight through the banana peel multiple times on all sides to allow the heat to easily penetrate then microwave for 30 seconds at a time, checking each time for doneness. This can take up to a couple of minutes depending on how green the bananas were to begin with. The bananas are done when they have the soft texture of a ripe banana. Cool before using.
- Ripening bananas in a paper bag Place the bananas in a loosely closed paper bag to help trap the ethylene gas to help speed up the process. Check the bag once a day and remove the bananas when they have reached your desired ripeness.
These methods arenât just useful for this recipe, theyre also useful for all the other ripe banana recipes that youll try.
Don’t Miss: Panera Bread Toasted Frontega Chicken
Ingredients For Banana Bread Muffins
For this recipe, youll need:
- ripe to overripe bananas: these tend to be sweeter and have a more pronounced banana flavor.
- butter: this keeps the muffins soft and moist. You can use vegan butter as a substitute or vegetable oil. However, muffins with vegetable oil will not raise as much.
- sugar: I used white sugar but you can use brown sugar if you prefer.
- egg: you only need one for this recipe. To make these muffins eggless, mix in 1/4 cup of buttermilk and extra vanilla essence to mask the taste of the buttermilk. Also, check out my eggless banana bread recipe too.
- cinnamon: feel free to add in a pinch of nutmeg if you like.
- vanilla essence: any of your favorite essence can be substituted here like almond, mixed, and even cocoa essence.
Make this recipe your own with your favorite add-on ingredients like chocolate chips, nuts, apples, dried fruit, raisins and more.
S To Make One Banana Bread:
Isn’t this mini banana bread loaf the cutest thing you’ve ever seen? It slices up into 6 mini slices, and I happen to think it makes the best breakfast for two. If you like sweet banana treats for breakfast, you might also like my peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies in the morning.
Other Banana Recipes You Love:
Also Check: Is Sourdough Bread Good For Diabetics
What Our Readers Are Saying
If you dont believe that our recipe helps you achieve the perfect banana bread loaf at home, take a look at what our readers are saying about the recipe! More reviews are in the comments section below.
Best banana bread Ive ever had. Kalia
I made this today. Definitely the BEST banana bread Ive ever made and Ive made a lot of it. I do a lot of baking, this is delicious! Diane
Super-good! Moist, flavorful, baked in no time! This is my new favorite banana bread recipe Julie
The best banana bread recipe Ive used so far and Ive used at least 10 different recipes. Moist, not too sweet, soft. Perfection! Eva
My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe
With its super-moist texture, buttery banana and brown sugar flavors, incredibly soft crumb, and 1,000+ reviews, this is an undeniably popular banana bread recipe. You need 4 ripe bananas.
One reader, Sharon, says:I have made plenty of banana breads over the years, but by far this one is my favorite!! Easy to make, perfectly moist without being too cakey, and full of flavor! Definitely a keeper!
This is my favorite banana bread recipe, one that Ive cherished for years. Its one of those classic recipes that you start to know by heart, just like a good pie crust or chocolate chip cookies recipe. This bread comes to mind first when I have leftover spotty bananas on the counter and the bread thats on constant rotation in my freezer stash. Its the best ever banana bread recipe and if you havent tried it yet, nows the time.
Recommended Reading: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Large Breed Puppy
Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
These are all the ingredients you need. Nothing fancy or special. Just baking staples.
As you can see this recipe is completely dairy-free. Itâs without butter or milk but you wonât miss either of them.
Since this bread would obviously be lacking a little in banana flavor I bumped up the vanilla and added cinnamon to make up for it. Absolutely delicious. You can add more or less spice depending on your personal preference. Feel free to add nuts as well.
Other Banana Bread Ingredients
- Butter: Use softened butter for a soft texture and irresistible butter flavor.
- Brown Sugar: Use all brown sugar in this recipe. In the headnotes for this chocolate chip cookies recipe, I explain that brown sugar yields soft and moist cookies. Well brown sugar works that same magic in banana bread, too. It also adds wonderful flavor.
- Eggs: Eggs supply cakes, cupcakes, breads, doughs, and cookies their stability and structure, as well as a tender texture. Youll need 2 large eggs in this banana bread recipe.
- Yogurt: Yogurt adds even more moisture to this banana bread. I like to use yogurt as much as possible when Im baking. Sour cream is a wonderful substitution for plain yogurt. You can use the two interchangeably in most baking recipes.
For banana nut bread, add 3/4 cup of chopped nuts to the banana bread batter I like using either pecans or walnuts. I absolutely adore their sweet, toasty, and slight crunch nestled inside the soft banana bread crumbs. Feel free to leave them out completely if youre not a fan of banana nut bread!
For a whole wheat version, try my whole wheat banana bread.
Also Check: Trader Joe’s Brioche Bread
Tips For The Best Vegan Banana Bread
Its all about the bananas! Banana bread is easy to veganize by adding extra banana, which acts as a binder, replacing the need for eggs or other egg replacers. And as an added benefit, it also helps to lessen the amount of sugar needed. The trick is to use very ripe, freckled bananas, because the riper your bananas are, the less sugar youll need! This recipe only calls for 1/3 cup of sugar, but of course you can adjust, up or down, to suit your tastes.
Fats or no fats: In place of using butter or vegetable shortening, I call for oil. But youll find this banana bread recipe to have the option of using vegan butter or shortening if you prefer. Ive also played around with using half oil and half unsweetened almond milk with excellent results. And if you want to skip the fats all together, for an ultra-healthy vegan banana bread, try using unsweetened applesauce its terrific!
Spruce up your banana bread with additional add-ins and toppings! Add up to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, fold in chocolate chips, walnuts or pecans to the batter. Or once the batter is in the loaf pan, add a sprinkle of walnuts, pecans, sesame seeds, rolled oats, or sunflower seeds over top before baking, they will add texture add protein.
Methods: Since first posting this recipe, I have since adapted it to be mixed in one bowl making for an easy banana bread! But youll also find the original method as well.
Without further ado, lets put it all together and bake