Quick Tip: Mash Bananas With Your Mixer
Did you know you can use your electric mixer to mash bananas? Break or slice your peeled spotty bananas into large pieces and place in the bowl of your stand mixer or use a regular mixing bowl and your hand mixer. Begin beating on low, then gradually increase to medium-high speed as the bananas break down into mashed banana. You can use this bowl for the rest of the banana bread ingredients. I do this for my banana cake, too!
You need 3 spotty medium size bananas for this recipe.
How Long Does It Take To Bake Yogurt Bannana Bread
A regular 8-9 loaf pan of yogurt banana bread will bake in about 45-55 minutes. If you like using mini loaf pans, they take 30-35 minutes to bake. If youd like to adapt this recipe for muffins instead, bake those for 14-18 minutes. Always check for doneness either by measuring the temperature of the bread with a meat thermometer- it should read 190 degrees F, or by inserting a toothpick in the center and having it come out clean.
How To Store Yogurt Banana Bread
After baking the banana bread, let it cool completely to room temperature, then transfer it to a gallon-sized zip top bag and store in the refrigerator. It will last in the refrigerator for about five days. I like to slice mine before refrigerating, so I can just take one slice out at a time to have with my coffee. About 15 seconds in the microwave and its warm and delicious, just like fresh baked!
To freeze: Wrap the banana bread really well in plastic wrap or store in a freezer-safe ziplock bag. Freeze for up to 6 months and defrost in the fridge overnight. Microwave for 20 seconds before serving.
Read Also: Best Bread For High Blood Pressure
Tips For Making Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
How To Brown Butter
Making brown butter is so easy and its the perfect way to level up your baking.
Once the butter is golden brown, remove it from the heat immediately. Transfer it to a heat-proof bowl and let it cool to room temperature. From here, its ready to use in a variety of baked goods! Dont leave the little browned bits behind, thats where all the flavor is.
Also Check: Bread And Butter Winery Napa
Tips To Make The Best Yogurt Banana Bread
- Do not overmix the batter, as it can affect how much rise the banana bread gets! Mix the batter until just combined and no flour pockets remain.
- This banana bread relies on maple syrup and bananas for sweetness. As such, it isnt as sweet as other kinds of banana bread with added sugar. If you prefer a sweeter bread, you can add 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the batter.
- If you notice your banana bread is browning on top a little too much, cover it with tinfoil and let it bake for the full duration.
Greek Yogurt Banana Bread Ingredients
Heres a list of ingredients youll need from the pantry and fridge to make this Greek yogurt banana bread:
- over-ripe bananas: try using bananas with dark peels and lots of spots. They are sweeter and easier to mash.
- Greek yogurt: adds moisture and makes the bread super light.
- butter: adds delicious flavor and makes the bread moist.
- white sugar: thanks to super ripe bananas, we dont need as much sugar. You could also use brown sugar.
- eggs: needed to bind the ingredients.
- vanilla extract: goes great with the banana flavor.
- all-purpose flour: essential for volume, or you can make this gluten-free banana bread by using 1:1 all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- baking soda: reacts with the acids in the Greek yogurt and helps the batter rise.
- salt: enhances the flavors of banana, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract.
What if I dont have ripe bananas?If you dont have overripe bananas but have a couple of frozen bananas in the freezer, you can use those to make this banana bread.
Once theyre thawed, mash them with a fork and stir into the rest of the wet ingredients. Easy peasy.
Don’t Miss: Panera Bread In Richmond Va
Banana Bread Greek Yogurt Recipe
Banana Bread Greek Yogurt Recipe, INCREDIBLY MOIST! Greek Yogurt Banana Bread, MOMables Laura Fuentes, Watermelon Smoothie | Stonyfield Recipes, watermelon smoothie stonyfield, banana-bread-greek-yogurt-recipe, The Cake Boutique.
Best-ever Banana Bread with Greek Yogurt Your taste buds will thank you for making this for breakfast. Its that good.INGREDIENTS
RECIPE: bit.ly/YogurtBananaBread this channel? Hit that subscribe button! 2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed ½ cup plain Greek yogurt* ½ cup butter, melted 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350F. Bake 55 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Follow Laura on Instagram @LauraSFuentes @MOMables – Video Copyright MOMables® & Fuentes Media LLC, Produced by Fuentes Media.
Youtube video by MOMables Laura Fuentes
Webthe best banana bread recipe. Theres no chance of wimpy or lackluster banana flavor here. I baked six bananas into one loaf. Dont get me wrong, i love my gold standard banana bread recipe for banana bread.
I baked six bananas into one loaf. Dont get me wrong, i love my gold standard banana bread recipe for banana bread. Its everything i want and it never lets me down. Webjust made this banana bread and it came out fantastic. I used wholewheat flour, maple syrup and dollop of greek yogurt instead of milk.
Why Bake With Yogurt Or Skyr
Yogurt/skyr is a great ingredient for adding to banana bread and other baked goods. It keeps the bread moist, tender, and super delicious without using a ton of butter or oil. I used vanilla skyr here to really add that extra punch of vanilla flavor. Icelandic Provisions uses real vanilla beans in their skyr!
Don’t Miss: Little Ceasars Italian Cheese Bread
How To Make Healthy Banana Bread
After you mash the bananas with your mixer, add the remaining wet ingredients. You need:
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Unsweetened applesauce takes the place of butter or oil. Additionally, Im very light-handed with the added sugars we really want the banana flavor to shine through here. If you dont want any added refined sweeteners in this healthier banana bread recipe, swap the brown sugar with coconut sugar. To keep this banana bread dairy free, use dairy free milk.
After that, mix the dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients. You need whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mostly the same dry ingredients I use in my Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins. Lastly, fold in chopped walnuts. The nuts are completely optional. Sometimes I add chocolate chips and/or raisins instead.
Super Moist Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Super Moist Greek Yogurt Banana Bread is warm and delicious. Substitute the Greek yogurt for sour cream. Add a sprinkle of brown sugar on top!
Friends, I love this âeasy stirâ Super Moist Greek Yogurt Banana Bread recipe. Itâs a spin on my BEST Sour Cream Banana Bread, instead using Greek yogurt, and a few other tips. Did you know that thousands of people make my Sour Cream Banana Bread recipe a day? Its trueits that good!
Read Also: Prefilled Communion Cups With Bread
Making Ahead And Freezing
Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Of all my recipes using Greek yogurt on this site this banana bread with yogurt takes the crown!
Its no secret that I love a loaf of good banana bread. Any time I have leftover bananas in my pantry, I already know what Ill be doing with them. Over the past few years, Ive come up with tons of variations, and I love continuing to try new things out to change things up. Enter- a banana bread with yogurt recipe.
Ever baked with yogurt before? It will change your baked goods for the better! Take this quick bread- The texture is moist and soft in the middle and has a lovely tender crumb. Its pleasantly sweet and full of banana flavor, and you wont even know there is yogurt in it!
What I love about this specific banana bread is how relatively low in fat it is! A tiny bit of butter is used to give it an even more moist texture. Dont fret though, its still considered very low in fat!
Read Also: How Many Carbs In Keto Bread
How To Know When Banana Bread Is Done
Banana bread can be undercooked easily, and unfortunately, once the loaf has cooled, even if it is gooey in the middle you cannot put it back into the oven.
- You can tell banana bread is done when a butter knife inserted in several places in the whole loaf comes out with a few crumbs clinging, but no wet batter. It can be very hard to judge.
- My favorite way to know when banana bread is done is to use an instant read thermometer. Once banana bread reaches 200 degrees F in the center, it is fully baked.
How To Bake Banana Bread With Greek Yogurt
Banana bread is easy to make mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and bake to perfection! Heres exactly what to do for perfect banana bread:
A little trick to keep in mind if your loaf is browning too quickly in the oven is to cover it with a piece of tin foil. It will prevent the top from drying out and turning dark brown.
See this super-moist banana bread come together FAST in this 30-second video.
Don’t Miss: Chompies Low Carb Multigrain Bread
Storing And Freezing Banana Bread
- To store: Greek yogurt banana bread can be stored at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days. If youd like to keep it longer, store it in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To freeze: Place slices of the bread in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To thaw: Let the banana bread thaw out at room temperature.
How To Make This Healthy Banana Bread Into Muffins
If youd like you can use this banana bread recipe and make muffins. Heres how to do it:
Read Also: Gluten Free Bread No Yeast
Tips For Making Delicious Healthy Banana Bread
Here are some of my best tips for ensuring your banana bread comes out perfect:
- Follow the recipe. The best way to ensure the success of this healthy banana bread is to follow the recipe and use the exact ingredients as written.
- Use overripe bananas. Using bananas that have LOTS AND LOTS of brown spots and are very soft will help keep this banana bread both sweet, perfectly moist and delicious. Trust me.
- Make sure your eggs are at room temperature. If your eggs are too cold you risk the butter coagulating. To bring your eggs to room temp, simply place them in a bowl of warm water for 3-5 minutes before you use them.
- Use whole milk or 2% greek yogurt. Yogurt with a little more fat helps to keep the moisture in this banana bread. If you like a sweeter banana bread, you can use vanilla greek yogurt. If you dont have yogurt, feel free to sub sour cream!
- Use fresh baking soda. If your baking soda is older than 3 months, I suggest grabbing a new one for best baking results.
- Dont overmix the batter. Over-mixing the batter will create a tough banana bread. You only need to mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Try it the next day. Banana bread is always best the day after its baked, as the sugars release the bread gets sweeter!
How To Make Banana Bread
Also Check: Is Wheat Bread Bad For Diabetics
Yogurt Banana Bread With Chocolate And Walnuts
This yogurt banana bread recipe is extra-moist and loaded with brown butter, chocolate chunks, and toasted walnuts.Do you fall into the same frustration that I do? You buy bananas and 30 seconds after theyre home theyre brown and mushy. Well, have no fear this yogurt banana bread is perfect for using those ripe bananas. Baking with yogurt, and in this case skyr, delivers extra-moist and tender banana bread every time.
How To Mash Bananas
Did you know you can use your electric mixer to mash bananas? Break or slice the spotty bananas into large pieces and place in the bowl of your stand mixeror use a regular mixing bowl and your hand mixer. Begin beating on low, then gradually increase to medium-high speed as the bananas break down into mashed banana. Transfer the bananas to another bowl and use the mixing bowl for the butter and sugar.
I do this when I mash bananas for banana muffins, too.
Recommended Reading: Recipes For Gluten Free Bread
Jamaican Banana Bread Recipe
Looking for a twist on banana bread? Look no further! This delicious Jamaican banana bread recipe is sure to light up your taste buds and take your baking game to the next level. Not only is it easy to make, but youll be able to impress your friends and family with something totally different than what theyre used too!
Whether you need a quick breakfast item or an afternoon snack, this tropical-infused version of everyones favorite comfort food will bring an addition of fun flavor that hasnt been done before.
Lets get cooking lets bake some Jamaica!
Why Add Yogurt To Banana Bread
Yogurt is a great ingredient for adding to banana bread and other baked goods. It keeps the bread moist, tender, and super delicious without using a ton of butter or oil. Youll want to use plain yogurt for this recipe, not pre-sweetened. I have not tested Greek-style yogurt in this recipe, but would guess that it would make a slightly more dense loaf, since it has less moisture than regular yogurt.
Recommended Reading: Healthiest Bread For Weight Loss
Making Muffins From A Quick Bread Recipe
Same recipe same baking time different shape
Choose a recipe that makes about 4 cups of batter. Most quick bread recipe make approximately 4 cups of batter which will make approximately 12 muffins.
If your quick bread recipe makes two loaves, the entire recipe should yield about 8 cups of batter, from which you can make either two dozen muffins, or one loaf and 12 muffins.
A typical muffin uses about 1/4 cup of batter. Fill each well in your muffin pan about 3/4 to nearly full. Tip: A #16 ice cream scoop will give the perfect amount of dough for each muffin.
Oven temperature and time can be flexible.
Bake the muffins for approximately 20 to 25 minutes in a 400 degree F. oven or approximatelyt 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degree F. Rotate muffin tin from front to back halfway through the baking time.
A good check for doneness is to use an instant digital thermometer to test your muffins . The internal temperature of the muffin should be at 200 degrees F.
Remove from oven and as soon as they have cooled enough to handle, remove the muffins from pan and place on a wire rack to finish cooling .
Raspberry Chocolate Banana BreadThis is a family banana bread recipe that I modified reducing the amount of butter with a substitution of non-fat Greek yogurt. I also added the fresh raspberries and chocolate chips for an amazing flavor combination. It is very easy to make and so ridiculously delicious!