This Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe Is Perfect For Fall
Since it felt like a glorious fall weekend I needed to make something that made the house smell like fall.
And this Cranberry Orange Bread did just the trick! I am kinda obsessed with this combination in the fall. Well, this .. and anything with Pumpkin or Apples. Yummy! I think those have to be staple flavors in the fall. Dont you!?
Jump To Recipecranberry Bread Recipe
All you need on your Thanksgiving and Christmas table is this divine, fluffy homemade sweet bread loaded with tangy cranberries. I dont think it lasts for more than 20 minutes after it comes out of the oven, so plan accordingly.
Super easy to make, all you need are: two bowls, a whisk and a spatula to fold everything together. Bake for 1 hour and voila: the perfect holiday cranberry loaf!
Tips For The Best Cranberry Bread Recipe
- Properly measure the flour. Always spoon and level the flour or weigh it on a kitchen scale — do not scoop it out of the package. Incorrectly measuring the flour packs it too tightly into the measuring cup and results in dense, dry bread.
- The orange zest is the outer layer of the orange peel, where you’ll find all of the essential oils . Make sure that you don’t scrape off any of the bitter white pith underneath when grating the orange zest.
- How to Make Cranberry Bread Moist: Be careful not to overmix the batter. Mixing too much activates the gluten in the flour, resulting in a dry, dense loaf of bread. Gently fold together the ingredients just until everything is combined.
- To prevent quick breads or Bundt cakes from sticking to the pan, I prefer to use a baking spray . It also helps to run a knife around the outside of the bread while it’s still warm and cooling in the pan.
- I prefer a light colored loaf pan , because the darker pans tend to brown or burn the outside of quick bread before the inside cooks through.
Recommended Reading: Iams Large Breed Lamb And Rice
How To Make The Best Cranberry Orange Bread:
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, you are not charged more for using these links, but I make little coins when you do.
Finally, lets connect on social media, am on , , , , and . Am super NEW on the Tube, please be sure to subscribe. Share this recipe post, and SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, Stay well and safe.
Sharing is caring!
Cranberry Orange Bread Expert Tips
Here are a few tips and tricks for getting the best cranberry orange bread every time!
Dont substitute the oil for something healthier. The oil is what makes this one of the most moist cranberry orange bread recipes ever. Its moist and absolutely delicious. If you do feel the need to make a substitution, substitute it with another oil like avocado oil.
Check the breads doneness with a knife. Every oven cooks differently, so when you think the bread might be done stick a butter knife straight into the bread and pull it out. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. If it comes out covered in gooey batter, let it cook for a few more minutes.
Let the cranberry bread cool before cutting. If you try to cut it while its still hot, itll likely crumble when youre cutting the bread. It still tastes good crumbly but wont hold together as well. If you just let it cool a little longer, the slices will stay together well.
Enjoy the flavors faster by making cranberry orange muffins that bake in half the time!
Don’t Miss: Science Diet Large Breed Light
Best Ever Cream Cheese Cranberry Bread Velvety Soft & Easy
- Summary: 19 thg 7, 2022 Homemade gifts are my favorite, and baked goods are always a hit. This fresh cranberry bread is so good and since this recipe makes 2 8×4
- Matching search results: Can I freeze this quick bread? Sure thing! It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months if stored in a freezer-safe container or bag. Simply let thaw in the refrigerator before eating. Quick bread can also be stored, covered, on the counter
Can I Freeze Cranberry Quick Bread
Yes, you can freeze this Cranberry Bread. Let it cool completely then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and freeze it for up to 3 months. To defrost take it out of the freezer and let it defrost at room temperature overnight. You can also freeze individual slices to make them defrost quicker perfect for a quick breakfast!
You May Like: Bread And Butter Wine Cabernet Sauvignon
Add In The Cranberries And Bake
Once you have mixed your batter just until the ingredients are combined, gently fold in the chopped cranberries. Pour the batter into your favorite loaf pan which hopefully is already sprayed with oil or buttered and pop it in the oven.
Baking the bread is usually the most nerve-wracking moment for amateur bakers. Still, Moeslin promises that this recipe should give you few to no problems. “If you follow the recipe, you should not have issues,” she says. “I like to start checking the bread with a toothpick five to 10 minutes before the cooking time is up. Once the toothpick comes out clean from piercing the center of the bread and the edges are slightly pulling away from the pan, your bread will be cooked to perfection.”
This is a great recipe to whip up if you’re having company or to wrap up nicely in cellophane and ribbon to bring to a picnic or friend’s house for dessert.
Easy Cranberry Orange Loaf Cake Recipe: This Sweet Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe Is Super Moist By 30seconds Food
While we absolutely love this cranberry cream cheese bread recipe, this moist cranberry orange loaf cake recipe is another great option for your Thanksgiving table. You could add some chopped nuts to the recipe for a little crunch.
Cuisine: AmericanTotal Time: 1 hour and 10 minutesServings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
Here’s how to make it:
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Also Check: Gluten Free Soy Free Bread
Cranberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake Is Perfect For Holiday Baking
Homemade gifts are my favorite, and baked goods are always a hit. This fresh cranberry bread is so good and since this recipe makes 2 8×4 loaves, its perfect for giving as a gift.
Quick breads are so easy to make and this cream cheese cranberry bread is no exception.
In just one hour you can have two festive loaves to give as a gift. But I highly recommend you keep one for yourself!
How To Make Cranberry Bread From Scratch
This fresh cranberry bread recipe only requires 15 minutes of prep. It comes straight from one of my mom’s old, tattered, stained recipe cards — a treasure that I will hold onto forever!
The end result is a moist, tender loaf of bread that is bursting with tart berries and chunks of buttery walnuts or pecans. Simple ingredients come together in a naturally beautiful way!
Also Check: Best Place To Store Bread
Ingredients For Cranberry Bread
Youll love the intense and incredible flavor of orange and cranberries in this loaf recipe!
- Orange Zest: To add the maximum orange flavor, I add the zest of 1 large orange. Fresh orange zest is super aromatic and its going to make this cranberry loaf so delicious!
- Orange Juice: You can also use orange juice instead of lemon juice and add orange oil for more flavor.
- Greek Yogurt: the yogurt makes the bread extra moist and soft.
- Cranberries: For the cranberries, I prefer to use fresh berries. You can use frozen berries, but allow them to thaw first and drain off any excess liquids. If youre in a pinch and have no fresh cranberries, dried cranberries can also be used. First, measure out about 1 cup of dried cranberries and place them into a mixing bowl. Pour hot water over the dried berries and let them stand for about 30 minutes, until theyre soft. Drain off the water and use the berries for the batter.
Cranberry Bread Recipe Foodcom
- Summary: directions Heat oven to 350º. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2 × 4 1/2 × 2 1/2 inches or 9 × 5 × 3 inches. Mix cranberries, sugar, oil, milk, lemon
- Matching search results: Use sweet oranges and tart cranberries for a bit of freshness in this moist and delicious Cranberry Orange Bread topped with a zesty orange glaze. This easy quick bread recipe is fantastic for breakfast or brunch, or even served as a coffee break
Read Also: Carbs In Gluten Free Bread
This Cranberry Cream Cheese Loaf Is Smooth Soft And Loaded With Fresh Cranberries For A Tasty Holiday Quick Bread
If you are looking for a festive treat for a holiday party or Christmas morning breakfast you are going to love this cream cheese cranberry bread.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
I always look forward to the arrival of fresh cranberries in my grocery store. The small red orbs signal the start of the holiday season and I cant help but grab a bag or two to make a few recipes and add to our holiday decor.
My Instant Pot cranberry sauce has been a staple in our home during the holidays for years. I serve it with turkey and ham, of course, but youll also find me swirling it into oatmeal or spreading it on toast.
Beyond cranberry sauce, I adore using cranberries in baked goods. Nantucket cranberry pie is one of my favorites, and this cream cheese cranberry bread really knocks it out of the park!
Its like cream cheese pound cake dotted with fresh cranberries. Its moist and tender, sweet and studded with the slightly tart addition of cranberries.
This bread is perfect for breakfast but could also be served for dessert. And when you are looking for something more than cookies, make a few loaves and wrap them up as gifts.
More Delicious Cranberry Recipes to Try:
Cranberry Bread Recipe Tips + Faq
- The Batter to ensure a moist and fluffy bread without the use of orange juice I use Italian ricotta cheese + olive oil. Its the best combination when making sweet breads and always yileds marvelous results even if you are not an experienced baker. Remember this pumpkin bread?
- Do Not Overmix excessive mixing of the dough makes the bread tough, so make sure to FOLD your wet and dry ingredients just until combined for the best results.
- The Streusel its simple, its quick but it takes your bread to the next level. Theres really no need for a glaze at all unless you insist, in which case I recommend a festive white chocolate glaze topped with sliced almonds.
- Can you use dried cranberries instead of fresh? Not recommended in this recipe, fresh is best.
- How do you keep cranberries from floating on bread? Add the cranberries to the bowl with the dry ingredients and give them a quick toss before folding into the wet ingredients.
- Storage Allow the loaf to cool off completely before wrapping it in parchment paper and/or aluminum foil. Store on the kitchen counter or in the pantry for a few days. Individual slices can be refrigerated or frozen in sandwich bags or wrapped in plastic wrap for later use. Pop in the toaster oven to reheat.
You May Like: Burbon Sauce For Bread Pudding
How To Make Vegan Cranberry Orange Bread
Here is a quick overview of the process with photos for reference.
- Gather your dry ingredients and combine together in a bowl .
- Next add the wet ingredients and stir to mix, just until flour is incorporated, add the cranberries, and mix again.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan , add a few more cranberries to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F. for 50 55 minutes. Once done, let cool and enjoy this moist, delicious quick bread!
Ingredients For Cranberry Orange Bread
- Flour use all-purpose to give the bread structure
- Baking powder leavening to make the loaf rise
- Salt balances the sweetness
- Milk best at room temperature
- Orange zest and juice be sure to zest the orange before juicing it. Reserve a teaspoon of zest for the glaze.
- Butter Adds moisture to the loaf. Use unsalted butter softened at room temperature.
- Sugar to balance the tanginess of the cranberries
- Eggs give the bread a moist, tender crumb
- Cranberries rinsed and dried then tossed in 1/2 Tbsp of flour to keep them from sinking in the batter
Recommended Reading: Fiber In Whole Wheat Bread
Amazingly Moist Cranberry Bread Recipe
Tart and sweet cranberry bread recipe with just a tiny bit of crispness that protects each soft and moist slice. The best cranberry bread youll ever eat.
Cranberry bread is one of my favorite holiday traditions in our house. When fresh cranberries arrive at the supermarket I know the holidays arent far away.
Read on for the cranberry bread recipe
How To Make Thow To Make A Cranberry Bread With Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour mini loaf pans and set aside.
- With a Kitchen-aid mixer or hand mixer cream softened margarine, eggs, and granulated sugar together until fully incorporated.
- Add baking powder, salt, baking soda, flour, and 1 tsp of almond extract to softened butter. Mix together until well combined. Then, add sour cream and fold in until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pans filling them of the way full.
- Layer the cranberries on top of the batter saving ½ of the can.
- Add the remaining batter over the cranberries, leaving room for another layer of cranberries.
- Layer the rest of the can of cranberries over the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 mins. Before removing the bread from the oven use a toothpick to make sure the bread is baked in the middle. Poke the center of the loaf with a toothpick, if it comes out clean it is fully baked. If it comes out dirty bake it longer.
- Let the bread cool for 5 mins. then remove it from the pans and glaze.
You May Like: How Much Weight Can You Lose By Not Eating Bread
Can You Substitute Dried Cranberries For Fresh In Recipes
Yes! However, you need to adjust the amount of cranberries. For instance, this recipe calls for 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries. If using dried, 1 cup of fresh cranberries is equal to 3/4 cup dried. Make sure you soak them in boiling water for about 15 minutes. This will make them plump and soft again.
Ingredients For Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe:
The main ingredients for making this cranberry orange loaf are obviously fresh cranberries and fresh oranges. Personally, I feel that using fresh ingredients instantly elevates this recipe. On the other hand, you can use dry cranberries if thats what you have. Unfortunately, nothing beats the juiciness of fresh cranberries in this bread recipe. The bottom line is that if you want moist cranberry orange bread, then use fresh cranberries.
Ok,I heard you could buy already zested orange zest from the grocery store. Not sure if this is true however, dont do it! I recommend zesting the orange yourself to get the freshest zest flavors. An old lady once told me that if you need an orange flavor, use the orange zest. This saying is true, especially in this cranberry orange bread! Also, you will need both orange zest and orange juice. However, the zest is more important !
Recommended Reading: Oroweat Whole Wheat Bread Nutrition
Using Fresh Versus Frozen Cranberries
Moeslein notes that you can use fresh or frozen cranberries in this recipe, a flexibility that appeals greatly to the baker pressed for time. But is one better than the other?
There’s no doubt about it: Both frozen and fresh cranberries will provide a delicious effect in your bread. Whether you use fresh or frozen, just remember to chop your cranberries. Interestingly, whole cranberries usually move to the top of the batter while it bakes , whereas the chopped fruit will sit evenly throughout the bread.
Use whatever you’re comfortable using, or whatever is easier to find in the store when you pick up your ingredients.