What Our Readers Are Saying
If you dont believe that our recipe helps you achieve the perfect banana bread loaf at home, take a look at what our readers are saying about the recipe! More reviews are in the comments section below.
Best banana bread Ive ever had. Kalia
I made this today. Definitely the BEST banana bread Ive ever made and Ive made a lot of it. I do a lot of baking, this is delicious! Diane
Super-good! Moist, flavorful, baked in no time! This is my new favorite banana bread recipe Julie
The best banana bread recipe Ive used so far and Ive used at least 10 different recipes. Moist, not too sweet, soft. Perfection! Eva
What Makes This Banana Bread Healthy
- This banana bread recipe is made with 100 percent whole wheat flour, unlike traditional banana bread recipes that call for refined flour and lots of processed sugar.
- This banana bread is naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup, which offer some trace nutrients that white sugar does not.
- Lastly, this recipe calls for a reasonable amount of unrefined oil rather than whole sticks of butter .
As you can see, my homemade banana bread has plenty of redeeming qualities, chief being that it wont send your blood sugar levels for a loop. You can keep them all to yourself, though. No one will be able to tell that this is healthy banana bread!
Where Did This Banana Peel Business Come From
Good question. First off, using banana peels in cooking may be new to me , but cultures in various pockets of the globe have been doing it for generations. Even Nigella Lawson, Britains grand dame of television cookery, has a recipe called Banana Peel Curry.
As for banana peel bread? From what I can gather, the idea began after Lindsay-Jean Hard, author of Cooking with Scraps, taught a cooking class at Zingermans Bakehouse in Ann Arbor, Michigan. That inspired the kitchen to experiment with recipes that use all the scraps and peels. Alas, no-waste banana bread was born.
Simply Recipes / Alison Bickel
You May Like: Breed Of Dog That Bites The Most
Best Pan For Making Banana Bread
- For this banana bread recipe, I recommend a 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan so the bread rises up nice and tall.
- You can use 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, but your loaf will be a little shorter.
- If you use the smaller loaf pan, it will most likely take 5-10 minutes longer to bake. Both work well, the loaves will just be a little different in size, just make sure you watch the baking time. I always recommend checking the bread early if its your first time making the recipe.
- I use a metal pan that isnt too dark in color. If you are going to use a glass pan, decrease the oven temperature by 25 degrees. Make sure you grease the pan really well so the banana bread doesnt stick in the pan. I like to use a nonstick cooking spray.
- You can line the pan with parchment paper, with a little overhang, and spray it with cooking spray. This will make it easy to lift the bread out of the pan.
- If you want to make smaller loaves, you certainly can, just reduce the baking time!
Moist Banana Bread With Self Rising Flour
This self rising flour banana bread is not only delicious and moist, but its incredibly easy to make.
I love making a loaf of this easy, moist banana bread at the start of a week and then enjoying a slice alongside fresh fruit for breakfast each day.
To make it easy for you, Ive included all the tools and ingredients youll need below!
Toppings on this banana bread are of course optional, but I love the touch of sweetness the chocolate chips add, and the added crunch from the chopped nuts.
- Chocolate Chips I use semi-sweet, but you can also use milk or dark
- Chopped Nuts I love to use walnuts
Read Also: How To Find Out What Breed My Cat Is
Recipes For Ripe Bananas
Its a constant game in our kitchen. We ALWAYS have bananas hanging on a hook on our countertop. We buy them every week. Often, when we get them at the store, they are a little too green. At the same time, we have leftovers from last week, but those are a little too ripe to eat. Ugghhh! Its a no-win situation.
Of course, while Im gonna have to just wait for those greenies to ripen up, there are tons of stuff I can do with the spotted ones. This blog is FULL of delicious recipes using ripe bananas. From the fresh and fruity Strawberry Banana Muffins and Blueberry Banana Muffins to classics like Banana Cream Pie and Banana Poke Cake, there is no shortage of delicious uses for ripe bananas. But one recipe we havent posted on here a good old fashioned Banana Bread! Well, that changes today!
Tips For Moist And Perfect Banana Bread:
Room temperature ingredients. Room temperature eggs and butter emulsify into the batter better than if they are cold.
Dont over-mix. For extra moist and soft banana bread, dont over-mix the batter, especially when you add the flour mixture in the last step.
Over-browning. If the bread is browning too much in the oven before the time is up, place a piece of tinfoil over it.
Read Also: Best Small Breed Puppy Dog Food
How To Store And Freeze Banana Bread
Banana bread can keep at room temperature for up to four days. If youre just going to store it overnight, you can keep it directly in the loaf pan and just throw a clean kitchen towel over it. If youd like, you can put it in an airtight container.
Can you freeze banana bread? ABSOLUTELY! You can store it in slices, half loaves, or whole loaves. To find out more, check out our step by step guide: How to Store and Freeze Banana Bread.
What Kind Of Bananas To Use
- The ideal banana for banana bread is BROWN. You want them more brown than yellow. The bananas should be overripe. Brown bananas are what make banana bread sweet and moist.
- Can you make banana bread with fresh bananas? Overripe bananas are best, but if you are in a pinch, you can ripen the bananas by baking them in the oven. Place unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet and bake at 250°F until soft, about 15-20 minutes. Let the bananas cool. Peel, mash, and get baking!
- You can use frozen bananas if you are in a pinch, but I do prefer unfrozen bananas. To freeze bananas, peel them and put them in a freezer bag. I lay them in a single layer so they dont stick together and press all of the air out of the bag. The bananas can be frozen for up to 6 months. When ready to use, let the bananas defrost on the counter for about an hour. You want them to be soft but not runny.
- You can also mash overripe bananas and freeze the mashed bananas. I like to freeze them in cup size portions in freezer bags. Make sure you write the date, cup amount, and frozen bananas on the bag so you know what is inside. Defrost before using.
- For this recipe, you will need 1 ½ cups mashed bananas, which is 3-4 bananas, it just depends on their size. Three large bananas or 4 medium bananas.
Recommended Reading: Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted 7 Grain Bread
How To Make Banana Bread With 2 Bananas
That is how to make banana bread at home using only 2 bananas. Pretty simple huh?
Why is it necessary to cover the bread with foil?
The crust for this bread gets very dark very quickly. Covering it with foil at the 30 minute mark ensures that the crust doesnât burn.
Often times I find that when you donât use the foil the crust will be dark brown way before the bread is done baking therefore naturally causing you to pull the bread out of the oven before itâs done. And then you end up with a crust thatâs fully baked or burnt and a middle that is mostly raw.
This has happened to me before in the past and Iâve even had it happen to me with other recipes as well. Fortunately, loosely covering the loaf with foil is a quick and easy solution.
How To Get The Best Cream Cheese Flavor
When I first tested this recipe, I used four ounces of cream cheese. However, my husband said it lacked flavor, and I wasnt a fan of how fluffy it was. Since I wanted a richer taste and a creamier texture, I bumped the cream cheese up to a full eight ounces. Go big, or go home! After my husband tasted that batch, his eyes lit up and I instantly knew he approved.
Also Check: How To Identify Puppy Breed
Tips: Baking With Bananas
Its important that you use overripe bananas for this recipe. The skin of the bananas should have brown speckles or even be turning dark brownish-black. This ensures that the bananas mash smoothly and are extra sweet.
You will need 3-4 bananas .
Mash the bananas using a fork or potato masher.
I mash the bananas on a paper plate then fold the plate in half and slide the mashed banana into the measuring cup.
How Ripe Should The Bananas Be
Super ripe! The bananas should be way too soft, mushy, and not at all like what we would normally eat.
The peels should be brown and easy to remove.
As a banana ripens, the starch in the fruit converts to sugar. This makes it sweeter and more assertive in banana flavor.
The riper the banana you use, the sweeter the banana bread.
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Healthy Life Keto Bread
How To Bake Banana Muffins With Two Bananas
While most banana muffin recipes call for three or four bananas, you can use this recipe to make flavor filled muffins with only two ripe bananas.
For this recipe you will just need a muffin pan, muffin liners, and a mixing bowl. Prep time is just minutes and bake time is about twenty minutes. The yield is a dozen muffins.
So from start to finish, this recipe is super quick and easy.
Mix The Ingredients Together
Step 3: Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute. Add sugar and the melted butter to the mashed bananas and mix to incorporate.
Step 4: Crack one egg and whisk thoroughly. Add the egg and vanilla essence to the batter and mix.
Step 5: In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Feel free to add any additional ingredients at this point like chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins.
Step 6: Combine the dry and wet ingredients together thoroughly making sure there are no flour lumps in the batter.
You May Like: La Brea Inn Los Angeles
Healthy Moist Banana Bread
This no-fail recipe makes the best moist and tastiest banana bread you will find! It contains no sugar or butter!
But seriously, ripe bananas are a dream in banana bread and make the best banana bread ever. This healthy banana bread is everything you want in banana bread. Its moist and dense and full of flavor. I made a batch shared a few slices with my friends and they could not believe it was healthy. This recipe is a keeper for sure and Im sure your family will love it as much as we do! To make this banana bread healthy, The sugar is replaced with honey and for the butter, we opted in for coconut oil. As for the flour, whole wheat flour works wonders.
Another very important ingredient is the ripe bananas. Ripe bananas are super sweet so the riper the better. If your bananas are not yet brown or soft then you can place them in a 300F degree oven for 20 minutes or until dark brown. I swear this method will produce the ripest bananas that are perfect for banana bread.
Banana Bread Recipe For 4 Bananas
This quick and easy banana bread recipe made with 4 bananas and oil is moist and delicious. Only one bowl required, no mixer needed and less than 10 minutes prep! This is one of the best ways to use overripe bananas.
Provided by Crystal | Beat Bake Eat
- Cool in pan 15 minutes then remove to cool completely.
EASY BANANA BREAD – SIMPLY RECIPES
MOIST AND EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE | LIFE, LOVE AND SUGAR
EASY BANANA BREAD – SIMPLY RECIPES
MOIST AND EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE | LIFE, LOVE AND SUGAR
EASY BANANA BREAD – SIMPLY RECIPES
Recommended Reading: Purina Large Breed Puppy Chow
Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
These are all the ingredients you need. Nothing fancy or special. Just baking staples.
As you can see this recipe is completely dairy-free. Itâs without butter or milk but you wonât miss either of them.
Since this bread would obviously be lacking a little in banana flavor I bumped up the vanilla and added cinnamon to make up for it. Absolutely delicious. You can add more or less spice depending on your personal preference. Feel free to add nuts as well.
How To Make The Best Banana Bread
Weve been making this classic, moist, and utterly delicious banana bread for years, and we knew we couldnt miss the opportunity to share it with you. Our recipe has no surprises youll need mashed bananas , flour, butter, brown sugar, eggs, baking soda, and spices.
We love banana nut bread, so we almost always add chopped and toasted walnuts. If you dont like to add nuts, leave them out! Its no problem.
Another option is to add chocolate chips and make chocolate chip banana bread. The chocolate banana combo is fantastic. If that excites you, you might also want to look at our banana chocolate chip muffins, packed with chocolate chips.
And since were on the subject of other banana recipes, if you are looking for something a little lighter? Check out our healthier banana bread. The recipe calls for lower sugar, olive oil instead of butter, and adds whole grains.
Okay, back to my favorite banana bread! We call this ridiculously easy because it is. If you can stir ingredients together in a bowl, you can make this quick bread. Watch our video below to see me do it.
For the best banana bread, use ripe bananas. There is no point in baking a batch of this bread unless you use ripe bananas. We want brown, speckled bananas. They can even have some soft spots. I dont think bananas can be too ripe for this recipe.
Also Check: Low Carb Substitute For Bread Crumbs
Why We Love This Recipe
- Quick This is so quick to prepare, youll probably have it ready to go before your oven even finishes preheating!
- Easy Ingredients The ingredients needed are things I always have on hand so I can make this at a moments notice.
- No-Fail This recipe turns out perfectly every time.
- Extra Moist The banana bread in this recipe is deliciously moist with a tender crumb, just as it should be.
Why This Recipe Works
- One banana needed: This recipe calls for using one very ripe banana. A banana that is even more speckled and brown than the one shown in the ingredient photo is perfect to use. The riper the banana, the sweeter the banana bread.
- The best banana bread recipe: If you love banana bread that tastes like bananas, this is your recipe. The bread is big on banana flavor and not “bready”. It’s moist and buttery with just the right about of sweetness.
- A tested and perfected recipe: I’ve been making banana bread for years and this 1 banana banana bread is a scaled-down version of my family’s favorite banana bread recipe.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Potato Bread Brands
Swaps And Substitutions For Banana Bread
This banana bread recipe leaves lots of room for creative swaps and substitutions. Here are a few I recommend.
- Swap pecans, hazelnuts, or other chopped nuts for walnuts.
- Use chocolate chips instead of or in addition to walnuts.
- For an entirely whole grain loaf, use 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour.
- If you dont have whole wheat flour, make the bread entirely with all-purpose flour.
- Use vegetable oil or melted coconut oil in lieu of the olive oil.
- Add spices, such as 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, or 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Scatter your favorite seeds on top, such as raw pumpkin, sesame, or sunflower seeds.
Ingredients For Two Bananas Bread Recipe
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
1/2teaspoon baking soda
Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare your 8×4-inch loaf pan.
I also like to keep disposable loaf pans on hand so that I can gift my bread as well. They make great housewarming presents, holiday presents for your neighbors, and teacher gifts.
You can butter and flour these, but you can save time and spray it with Pam cooking spray and it will work out just fine.
Combine sugar, butter, and eggs in a bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
I usually mash my bananas up really well with a fork before adding them to the mix. Add bananas and vanilla and beat at low speed until well-mixed. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
Now, Ill be honest. We ignore this cool completely part of the recipe at my house. We get it out nice and warm and smear butter or jam on it.
Recommended Reading: Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Bread