How To Freeze Bread:
- Let bread cool completely at room temperature.
- Arrange cooled slices in a single layer on a baking sheet or dish. Place sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes until the slices are solid .
- Then, place frozen slices of bread in airtight freezer bags or an airtight container and transfer them to the freezer.
- Store in a freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, let thaw on the counter or pop in the microwave for a minute or two until warm.
Storing And Freezing Instructions
- Storing – this bread will keep in the fridge for a week, but for better texture and flavor consume within 2-3 days. Or keep art room temperature for 2 days, covered.
- Freezing – let the bread cool completely. Cut in individual slices, thicker the better. Rap each slice in parchment paper or cut out a slightly wider sheet to act as a separator between slices. Transfer to freezer-friendly zip lock bag or container. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Reheat in a toaster or let come to room temperature to enjoy.
I hope you’ll enjoy this gluten free chocolate chip banana bread recipe and if you make it, please let me know down below in the comments or by tagging @theyummy_bowl under your picture on Instagram.
Thank you for reading,
Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is incredibly moist with a soft, tender texture. Look no further for the perfect gluten free banana bread! It uses buckwheat flour, which gives it almost a nutty flavor and irresistible texture.
Listen, if you know me IRL, then you are probably a little shocked by this post, but a pregnant womans cravings are not to be reckoned with. And I have been craving buckwheat banana bread like you would not believe. I LOVE all banana bread, which you can tell based on the volume of banana bread recipes that Ive posted on CLF.
I love Old Fashioned Banana Bread with a hint of lemon zest, Nutella swirled banana bread, pumpkin banana bread or even peanut butter banana muffins. No need for me to make a distinction. However, let me tell you, this vegan gluten free chocolate chip banana bread is going to change your life!
Youre all, stop it! And I will not. Because I am right.
Also Check: Chompies Low Carb Multigrain Bread
Why Shouldnt You Line A Baking Pan With Parchment Paper When Making A Snack Cake With Frosting
We love to line the baking pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking and make cleanup a breeze. But did you know that lining your pan with parchment paper is not needed when the pan is greased and floured?
In addition, when the snack cake has a frosting, it is best to leave it in the pan for easy slicing. If the pan has paper, it can stick to the cake and frosting, making it harder to get a clean slice.
So ditch the parchment paper and go for a good old-fashioned greased baking pan.
How To Make Gluten Free Banana Bread
Here is a brief overview so you can see just how easy it is to make. Scroll down to the printable recipe card for the full quantities and details. But dont skip my PRO TIPS below!
Read Also: No Knead Bread Jim Lahey
Why Is This The Best Ever Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Buckwheat & Spelt: I use a combination of buckwheat and spelt flours for a subtly nutty flavor and a delicate crumb. While spelt flour is generally tolerated by those with gluten-intolerance, to make this fully gluten free use a combination of buckwheat and oat flours.
- Coconut Oil: There is just enough coconut oil to make it moist and tender but not so much to make it fatty or taste like coconut. We are here for the banana, chocolate and buckwheat.
- Just enough banana: There is just enough banana to add the perfect banana flavor and create a moist loaf without making it gummy.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: For the moisture and the slight nuttiness without any of the calories! Hooray! *Reaches for second slice.*
Briannes Tips For The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread
Are you ready to try this banana walnut bread recipe? Here are some easy tips to make sure your chocolate chip banana nut bread comes out perfectly!
- Flour blends: Ive made this recipe multiple times with different flour blends and always had success. So while I cant guarantee that every all-purpose gluten free flour blend will work, Id feel confident experimenting.
- Use overripe bananas. Make sure your bananas are overripe with plenty of brown spots to make sure it turns out sweet and moist. You need 2 cups of mashed bananas, which is about 4 to 5 bananas, depending on the size. If you have extra, you can always use it in this Chocolate Pudding Snack Hack.
- Ive only baked this in a metal loaf pan. For glass or stoneware pans, typically you want to lower the temperature and bake it a little longer.
- Check for browning. Youll want to check it at about 60 minutes and see if it is starting to brown too quickly on top. You can cover it with aluminum foil for the remainder of the baking time.
Don’t Miss: Panera Bread Lunch Menu With Prices
The Best Ever Super Moist Gluten Free Banana Bread
So the past few weeks have been all about cookies. Plus, tomorrow I and over 500 food bloggers will be sharing cookie swap recipes be sure to keep an eye out for that!
But back to the holiday at hand I wanted to make a classic holiday bread but with a unique spin, something interesting and out-of-the-box to contribute to such a special occasion. Im a sucker for banana bread so I couldnt resist making it. I decided to make a gluten-free version of my favorite banana bread recipe. Lately, a few of my family members have switched over to a gluten-free diet so its been kind of hard adjusting.
At first, I didnt know if I had to replace every ingredient when baking for them but Ive found a much easier way to make my own recipes. All you do is use Bobs Red Mill Wheat Free, Gluten-free, Dairy-Free, 1 to 1 baking flour. I love it because you basically replace all-purpose flour with Bobs Red Mill gluten-free flour. Simply follow your favorite baking recipe, replacing the wheat flour with this extraordinary blend. It is perfectly formulated for baked goods with terrific taste and texture no additional specialty ingredients or custom recipes required so you can turn any recipe into a gluten-free recipe with ease!
Looking For More Bakery
- Soft & Fluffy Paleo Almond Flour Coffee Cake
- Vanilla Glazed Baked Gluten free Donuts
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
PS : If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a star review and comment below! Also be sure to follow along with me on and to stay up to date on all tasty recipes here at The Fit Peach!
You May Like: Easy Recipe For Challah Bread
Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe : a one bowl recipe for deliciously moist banana bread bursting with chocolate and made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
The last time I shared a bread recipe post that really touched people in an emotional way was Vegan Chocolate Banana Nut Bread. I think about that post from time to time when Im getting down about myself and know that things need to change. My attitude, my outlook, my whole way of looking at things needs to change.
It should be as simple as turning that frown upside down, right?
But it isnt. Sometimes I think about the reasons why I started this blog. And it always starts with one point: my mom. Shes been my guiding light, my inspiration, my drive, my heart for more years than I can count. Okay since I was born. There, that was easy. Beaming Baker always starts with my mom.
The biggest and most important thing she ever taught me was to be kindto be opento people, to possibilities, to vulnerability. Things werent always roses growing up. I had another influence in my life that tried to impress upon me the complete opposite thing. And was very, very hard on all of us kids. I dont talk about this person very often and I still choose not to.
I am always open with you and I always try my darnedest to share in my experiencesin hopes that you will, too.
Why did I punish myself for making a simple mistake?
Does that even matter?
The Best Way To Use Ripe Bananas
Like many, bananas are staples in our homes. This sweet, soft fruit is incredibly versatile and budget-friendly. We love them for smoothies, for snacking, for topping on yogurt or oatmeal, and of course for making the best gluten-free banana bread recipe . We never think twice about throwing a few extra bananas in our cart for the sole purpose of using them to bake up something delicious.
This Gluten-free Banana Bread recipe is one we make often in our homes and is perfect for year-round baking because bananas are always in season. Banana Bread also makes for a great gift for loved ones, dear friends, parents of a new baby, and anyone who needs a little something delicious to cheer them up.
Don’t Miss: Julian Bakery Keto Thin Bread
What Makes Them Gluten
The secret ingredient here is almond flour. Almond flour is made from blanched almonds that are ground and sifted into a fine flour. It is incredibly nutritious, particularly rich in vitamin E and magnesium, two important nutrients for health. It is better than conventional flours for your blood sugar, as it has a low glycemic index. High in monounsaturated fat, it is gluten-free, lower in carbs and more nutrient-dense than wheat and coconut flours. But more importantly: its delicious!
Gluten And Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Gluten and dairy free chocolate chip banana bread is a breakfast treat and a scrumptious dessert topped with cool whip and strawberries. I remember eating my first slice of mouth watering chocolate chip banana bread in Iceland. I love chocolate! Years later, my children were my critics as I learned to bake chocolate chip banana bread using freshly milled organic grains. Now, they are making this gluten and dairy free chocolate chip banana bread with their children and loved ones.
When our household became gluten free, I experimented and experimented until I developed a scrumptious gluten and dairy free chocolate chip banana bread recipe. The texture is so light and moist that our friends request our gluten and dairy free chocolate chip banana bread for dessert. If you need a good laugh, watch your coworkers incredulous expressions when you tell them they are eating gluten and dairy free chocolate chip banana bread.
Recommended Reading: Easy Banana Bread Recipe 2 Bananas
All About Freezing Your Bread
Yes! You can either freeze the entire loaf of banana bread or slice it before freezing. I recommend slicing the bread before freezing unless you know you are going to de-thaw the banana bread, serve, and eat the entire loaf at one time.
To Freeze: Wrap the sliced banana bread tightly in plastic wrap and place the wrapped bread in a freezer safe storage bag. When you are ready to eat, remove a slice of bread from the freezer and let it thaw on the counter top.
To Reheat: You can eat the banana bread at room temperature, or you can reheat it in the oven on a low temp until heated through.
How To Make The Best Gluten
Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper for easy removal.
In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix and set aside.
In a medium bowl cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy. Then add to the dry ingredients along with the mashed bananas. Stir to combine well and then fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with chocolates, and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing into 10-12 even slices.
Don’t Miss: Panera Bread Steak And White Cheddar
Tips For Successful Gluten
When a gluten-free bread or baked good doesnt taste quite right, its usually because of the texture.
Gluten is an elastic protein found in wheat that gives structure and a satisfying chewiness. Without it, gluten-free baked goods have the potential to be dense, crumbly, and disappointing even if the flavor is on point. But they dont have to be!
With the right recipe, you can end up with a final product that is just as good or, dare I say, even better than the gluten-filled version. The best candidates for easy gluten-free transformation are recipes that dont rely on the structure and chewiness that gluten provides.
Banana bread is a perfect example. It gets its moistness from the mashed bananas, structure from the egg, and chewiness from the melted butterthe flour contributes less than 50 percent of what it takes to make this loaf!
Not to mention, one of the pitfalls of making gluten-filled baked goods is over-mixing the batter. This develops the gluten and results in an unpleasant toughness. With our gluten-free batter, this is a non-issue.
How To Make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Step One: Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and prepping a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step Two: To a mixing bowl, add the gluten free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk all of the dry ingredient together until they are well combined.
Step Three: To a separate mixing bowl, add the melted butter, mashed banana, dark brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet ingredients together until well combined.
Step Four: Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined.
Step Five: Next, fold in those chocolate chips.
Step Six: Transfer the banana bread batter to a prepared 9×5 loaf pan. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top.
Step Seven: Bake the banana bread at 350 degrees for 50-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Then, slice the bread and enjoy!
You May Like: Little Caesars Promo Code Free Crazy Bread
What Kind Of Gluten Free Flour To Use
Gluten Free Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. This information is solely based on my research and personal experience, and I provide it as a courtesy to my readers. Please consult your doctor or medical professional for any questions as it relates to your needs, particularly if you have celiac disease or a severe gluten allergy or intolerance. Products, manufacturing facilities, and ingredients change frequently, so you should always contact the manufacturer for the latest information.
The first couple of times I made this recipe, I used Bobs Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Blend. So if you keep a bag of that on hand, that will be your easiest option.
For those that dont keep an all-purpose blend in their pantry and prefer to work with individual flours and starches, I looked up a copycat recipe for the Bobs blend. This consisted of sweet rice flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, and xantham gum.
Again, it worked beautifully. But that is quite a laundry list of ingredients. Since this recipe has proven to be quite flexible , I wanted to test the basic combination of brown rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca starch, plus xanthan gum.
And this produced yet another fabulous batch of bread.
Given that all of these variations produce an amazing loaf of gluten free banana walnut bread, Id guess that you could use the King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour and still have success!
Variations On Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Muffins: This recipe makes 8 muffins. I use the tulip liners so that they can rise extra tall and be proud, bakery-style muffins.
- Butterscotch: Substitute the chocolate for butterscotch chips. A totally different vibe.
- Small Batch Muffins: I was hit by a serious craving and only had ½ banana, so I divided the whole recipe by 4 and made 2 Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. Strongly recommend.
You May Like: Bread For The World Institute
Ingredients For Perfect Banana Bread
- Old Bananas – Once those bananas turn mushy and the skin is spotty and black, then they’re perfect for banana bread!
- Coconut Oil – Using coconut oil lends so much moisture with less harmful fats. Plus, it won’t taste coconutty at all. If you’re out of coconut oil, feel free to substitute vegetable or canola oil insted.
- Honey – Honey is an all-time favorite for me in quick breads and muffins. It’s my only sweetener in these healthy banana muffins. In this recipe I added a bit of regular sugar because using all honey was causing the bread to be too wet in the center. This way, it’s thick and rich and moist without being claggy. Quick bread perfection!
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – The bread in the pictures was made with Namaste gluten free flour blend . Everyone loved it and no one knew it was gluten free. It can also be made with regular all-purpose flour and be just as delicious.