How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Bread
How To Make This Banana Bread
This bread is a riff on Elises classic Banana Bread with just a few adjustments to accommodate the peanut butter.
I use a creamy, commercial brand of peanut butter here. I dont usually bake with natural peanut butter because it tends to take a little more finessing to incorporate. I beat the peanut butter a bit before mixing it into the batter, just like you often do with cream cheese. I want it to soften and smooth out so it will incorporate more easily.
You could use chunky, but I prefer creamy. It shouldnt cause any issues if you were to substitute one for the other.
Since peanut butter can weigh down a batter, I also added some milk to the recipe to keep the loaf from being too heavy.
You can use mini or regular chocolate chips here, or even chopped bar chocolate. Its really your preference. If you do use bar chocolate, just know it will melt more readily than chips . I avoid topping the batter with bar chocolate, because it can melt off and burn as it bakes. Just add some to the top when it comes out of the oven.
What To Do If Your Banana Loaf Is Wet In The Middle And Cooked On Top
BAKERS TIP: The foil wrapped over the loaf prevents the banana bread from browning further whilst the middle continues to cook through.
When you find a bunch of spotty bananas sitting on your kitchen bench and crave something truly delicious this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is for you. In just 10 minutes youll have a loaf nestled in the oven filling your house with the most wonderful cosy aromas of banana bread. And I promise, youll love love love the soft, fluffy, super moist crumb almost as much as the gorgeously golden crackled crust. This banana bread is truly the stuff of dreams.
Recommended Reading: Frozen Whole Wheat Bread Dough
Dont Forget These Banana Bread Tips
With these easy tips & tricks youll have perfectly fluffy, moist peanut butter banana bread every time:
- Follow the recipe. The best way to ensure the success of this healthy peanut butter banana bread is to follow the recipe and use the exact ingredients as written.
- Use overripe bananas. Using bananas that have LOTS AND LOTS of brown spots and are very soft will help keep this bread both sweet, moist and delicious. Trust me.
- Use fresh baking soda. If your baking soda is older than 3 months, I suggest grabbing a new one for best baking results.
- Dont overmix the batter. Over-mixing the batter will create tough bread. You only need to mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Try it the next day. Banana bread is always best the day after its baked, as the sugars release the bread gets sweeter!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
With this recipe, you can also make peanut butter chocolate chip muffins. Follow all the instructions for the peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread, but use muffin cups instead of bread loaf. Reduce the baking time to 20 minutes. You can check the doneness of the muffins with the toothpick test. Really nice if you want to try out something new.
Read Also: Does Keto Bread Have Gluten
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Ingredients
Healthy peanut butter banana bread uses two sets of ingredients: wet and dry. Well mix them separately and then add them together to ensure that everything is incorporated as well as possible. Many of these ingredients are probably already in your pantry, so gather them up and lets make some banana bread!
- Measuring cups: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup
How To Make Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Bread
If youve ever baked something, whether it be simple box brownies or complex snickerdoodles, youll be able to make this banana bread. Its so easy you could probably do it with your eyes closed! Prep will only require about 10 minutes, and from there its smooth sailing .
To begin making your own healthy bread, start by preheating the oven to 350F so that it can heat up while you create the batter.
Then, prepare a loaf pan with either parchment paper or nonstick spray. By cutting a little piece of parchment paper, throwing it into the bottom of the pan, and spraying it with nonstick spray, your banana bread will easily come right out of the dish. Leave little wings on the side of the paper so that you can pull the loaf right out! Take a look at the video above to see this in action.
In a large bowl, whisk the mashed bananas. They should be completely mushy, and youll want to avoid leaving clumps behind. I like to use a potato masher for this.
Once the bananas are mashed, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla, and mix thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until completely combined.
Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recommended Reading: Keto Bread Recipes Almond Flour
Tips For Making Quick Bread
Quick breads are traditionally easier to make than yeast breads, but there are a few tips and tricks to making sure your quick bread recipes turn out great every time you bake them.
- Avoid over-mixing the batter. Stir the wet ingredients together well and then mix in the dry ingredients so that the batter is lumpy. Over-mixing will produce a tougher bread.
- Quick Breads with nuts actually taste better the day after baking. So wrap up the loaf of bread in plastic and store overnight before slicing and serving.
- Check your quick breads 15 minutes before the baking time is up. If the bread is browning too much on the top, cover the top with foil to prevent the bread from burning and drying out.
- Test the loaf with a toothpick in the center of the bread. If it comes out clean the bread is finished baking.
- If your bread has a crack along the top of it, that is actually a good thing. It means that your bread batter has expanded properly.
Everything Youll Need To Make This Peanut Butter Banana Bread
This lovely peanut butter banana bread is perfectly sweet thanks to ripe bananas and maple syrup, and is easy to keep dairy free and even gluten free. Heres everything youll need to make it:
- Bananas: the key to the sweetness in this banana bread is to use super ripe bananas with lots of brown spots.
- Eggs: youll need 2 eggs in this bread recipe.
- Peanut butter: for all of the peanut butter lovers, of course! Feel free to use all natural creamy or crunchy peanut butter. Use the code AMBITIOUS15 for 15% off my favorite peanut butter brand, Wild Friends!
- Maple syrup: for a little additional sweetness were adding in some pure maple syrup.
- Milk: youll also need milk for some extra moisture. I like to use dairy free milk but feel free to use any milk youd like.
- Flour:whole wheat pastry flour gives the bread the perfect fluffy texture.
- Baking staples: dont forget the vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt! I also like to add cinnamon for extra coziness.
- Mix-ins: because whats a peanut butter banana bread without chocolate chips?! Youll fold them right into the batter and sprinkle them on top of the bread before baking.
- For the frosting: I LOVE adding this fluffy, peanut butter frosting for an extra treat. Its made with butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a little milk.
Read Also: Cbk-100 Cuisinart Bread Maker
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Your new favorite banana bread recipe is here! This flavorful, delicious peanut butter banana bread is loaded with chocolate chips, creamy peanut butter and peanut butter chips, making an amazing breakfast treat or afternoon snack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Add Recipe To My Calendar
Complete your registration. Please enter the verification code sent to yourmobile phone.
Verifying existing ValuCard please wait…
Note:This verification code will expire in 24 hours. If you do not completeyour registration within 24 hours, you can simply get another code byvisiting the registration page.
A verification email has been sent to the email provided. Please check youremail to continue the registration process.
Your Food City ValuCard offers savings on products you buy every day.
Food City stores are located in AL, GA, KY, TN, and VA
Are you sure you wish to cancel this order?
You May Like: Banana Bread 2 Banana Recipe
Healthier Ingredients For A Nutrient
This banana bread features many ingredients that I love to use in my baked goods. All are healthier, less-processed options that supply many nutrients including potassium, fiber, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and more.
BananasIt will come as no surprise, but the bananas in this recipe supply so many nutrients and really help to make this a healthy snack! Youll get a sweet serving of potassium, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C in each bite.Tip: The darker the peel, the sweeter the banana! Well want these super ripe for our bread.
Natural peanut butterPeanut butter is always one of those ingredients where its worth it to go organic or all-natural. The other stuff is packed with preservatives, so the extra dollar for organic is worth it. This ingredient supplies the bread with zinc, magnesium, and lots of protein!Tip: The brands from Trader Joes and Whole Foods are my favorite.
Finally, I like to stick with dairy-free chocolate chips in my recipe. It usually means Im using dark chocolate, and Im okay with that! You can feel free to use your favorite type.
How To Store Banana Bread
You can store leftover banana bread at room temperature for 3-5 days in an airtight container. It will actually be more moist and flavorful the second day. I like to add paper towel to the container so the bread doesnt get soggy.
If you need to store the bread long term, you can freeze it for 3-4 months. Double wrap it in plastic wrap or place it in a heavy duty ziplock bag. Thaw at room temperature.
Should I use creamy or crunchy peanut butter? I used creamy peanut butter. If you use crunchy peanut butter, add a couple extra tablespoons.
For baked goods, regular peanut butter like Jif and Skippy work the best. Natural peanut butter doesnt yield the same results.
Do I have to use brown bananas? Yes, you want to use overripe bananas that are completely covered in brown spots. I have even used bananas that are almost black.
If you use yellow bananas, your bread will not be sweet and flavorful, and it will also not be as moist.
Read Also: Israel And New Breed Songs
Can You Freeze Ripe Bananas
Dont ever throw out those ripe bananas. Mash them up instead and freeze ripe bananas in 1 cup increments in freezer zip bags. They freeze up just fine, and then youve got them for banana bread when the mood strikes.
Speaking of freezing, these loaves freeze well. Since the recipe makes two, freeze one and eat the other. You can also make these up as muffins instead of loaves.
Recommended Reading: Mermaids Bakery Cupcakes Cakes & Pies
Converting The Bread To Muffins
Want to take this peanut butter banana bread loaf and make it into portable muffins perfect for breakfast, lunches, or on the go snacks? Here are some tips to convert this quick bread recipe into individual muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a standard muffin tin or line with cupcake liners.
- Follow directions for making the batter.
- Fill the muffin tin cups two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake for 30 minutes, checking doneness at 25 minutes and adding additional time as needed.
Don’t Miss: Best Oil For Bread Dipping
Amazing Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Sep 12, 2021 · by Ana Zeli |
Insanely moist, delicious and easy to make, this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread works perfectly as a snack, dessert or breakfast with a cup of coffee !
We all know that banana bread recipes are all the rage now and, well, who’s to blame them? They’re easy, delicious, customizable and work as any meal of the day! Last year I made a Chocolate Chip Banana Bundt Cake, which is simply amazing, but this time I wanted to make proper banana bread. With a peanut butter twist!
More Quick Bread Recipes
Don’t Miss: Nature’s Own Multigrain Bread
Why This Recipe Works
This is the best peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread recipe! Its got a delicious banana and peanut butter flavor, its fluffy and moist, and the chocolate chips are nice and soft.
Banana chocolate chip bread is a delicious sweet treat thats loaded with peanut butter and melty chocolate chips – and made with natural ingredients that are wholesome and irresistible.
It’s my favorite banana bread recipe, and my family and friends just love it! Whether we’re eating it for breakfast or lunch, it always tastes great with a cup of coffee or as a snack for a pick-me-up!
Unlike most banana bread recipes that require melted butter mixed with the mashed bananas, this recipe uses buttermilk instead to keep the texture nice and fluffy.
With 1 hour cooking time and 15 mins prep, this is the best banana bread to whip up for any level cook, and it’s customizable too, so you can easily throw in other ingredients, like nuts, dried fruits, and white mini chocolate chips.
This banana bread recipe is easy to make, can be made in advance and kept at room temperature for up to a week, refrigerated, and you can even freeze banana bread.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread is an easy quick bread recipe that you can whip up with simple pantry ingredients rich, moist and oh-so pretty!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Upgrade your banana bread recipe with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread version. Its an easy quick bread recipe that is loaded with cocoa powder for a delicious and decadent added chocolate flavor! Youll love how tender, moist and flavorful it is a true chocolate lovers dream!
You May Like: Easy Banana Bread Recipe 2 Bananas
How To Make Banana Peanut Butter Bread
My Tips For This Quick Bread Recipe
– I read this tip years ago somewhere for when making quick breads in a loaf pan. After spraying the loaf pan take a paper towel and run it along all 4 sides of the loaf pan about ½” down the side. By doing this you are removing the cooking spray which will help the bread not cling to the top edge and instead bake up and to the center, which will give you a nice raised domed loaf of bread after the bake time.
– For even more peanut butter goodness try substituting peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips!
– Because of the amount of batter it’s best to use two 8×4-inch loaf pans. You can also use 4-5 mini loaf pans as well. The mini loaf pans won’t need the long cooking time so check them at about 25-30 minutes for doneness.
– For a pretty presentation be sure and sprinkle some additional chocolate chips on top of the bread batter before you bake it.
– This recipe has only been tested and made with creamy peanut butter. I have never made this recipe using crunchy peanut butter and all-natural peanut butters.
Also Check: Gluten Free Sourdough Bread Recipes