Benefits Of Ezekiel Bread
Ezekiel bread is made by letting its cereals and legumes germinate, which is why it does not need baking powder. Once the grains are ground, they are mixed in water and baked at 45-60ºC approximately from 10 to 12 hours. By baking it at low temperatures, the bread has a spongy texture and it does not lose its nutrients or enzymes, which is why it is called bread of life.
Ezekiel Bread contains more protein than white bread made with refined flour. One slice contains approximately 4.8g of proteins. This bread is an excellent source of high quality vegetable protein with a complete amino acids balance. Vegetarians or vegans can also benefit from this product, since there are studies that have shown that the protein from this bread contain the 9 essential amino acids that our body needs.
One slice of Ezekiel Bread 04:09 contains 80 calories, 0.5g of fats and 0g of saturated or trans fats. This is why this bread can be an excellent element in the diet of those who want to lose weight in a healthy way.
It has 15g of low GI complex carbohydrates and it does not have simple sugars. Complex carbohydrates are absorbed more slowly, they do trigger insulin peaks like simple carbs, and they provide energy for a longer period of time, which can be useful for those who practice demanding physical activities. Its low glycemic index is also a good choice for people who suffer type 2 diabetes.
Pure Life Sprouted Spelt Bread
Spelt is an ancient grain which originates from the Fertile Crescent of the Middle East.Pure Lifes sprouted spelt loaf boasts a mildly sweet and nutty flavour. The grain is known for its many health benefits. It is highly water soluble which allows the body to easily absorb its high level of nutrients including, vitamin B2, niacin, manganese, thiamin, copper, and magnesium. The gluten in spelt has a lower level and different molecular make-up than modern wheat. The grain is more fragile which, along with its high fibre content, makes it easy to digest. Some people who have an intolerance to wheat and wheat gluten, find that they are able to consume spelt with no ill effect.
Does Ezekiel Bread Have Gluten
Ezekiel bread is not gluten-free, but the germination process makes the gluten much more easier to digest. According to Food for Life, those who suffer a serious gluten intolerance should avoid this bread. However, those with a mild gluten intolerance could probably add it to their diet, although they should consult it with their doctor first.
You May Like: How To Find Out What Breed My Cat Is
How To Make: Ezekiel Bread
Best Ezekiel Bread Reviews
Choosing the appropriate ezekiel bread can be tough. However, if you consider these factors, your job will be easier.
- Product Quality: One of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a product is its quality. Nobody would want a low-quality or easily worn-out object. They are even willing to spend a somewhat greater price for a good product.
- Reliability and durability are inextricably linked. Because it is tough and resilient.
- Ease of Use-The main reason to purchase a ezekiel bread is to alleviate as much effort of your task as possible. For this section of our review, we looked at what steps are required for operation and how much attention we had to pay.
- Ergonomics Ergonomics was a much simpler metric for these products. We split it into three aspects: comfort, aesthetics, and profile design. Most of our listed products are decently comfortable, and we think it is one of the group’s sleeker and more stylish designs.
- Value is always important, but the range for ezekiel bread is relatively narrow. We feel that the #1 model offers a great value for most people and that the #2 is great for advanced users.
After extensive research, we selected each of these ezekiel bread based on their performance and dependability.
Best Overall ezekiel bread:
This ezekiel bread is the king of the hill.
This item can do it all and do it all the better than the rest.
From accuracy to portability, that #1 pick beat nearly every other model in our lineup for every metric.
Read Also: How To Breed Dubia Roaches
How Sprouting Decreases Antinutrients
Sprouted grains also have lower numbers of antinutrients.
While phytic acid has some antioxidant benefits, when present in higher amounts it can bind minerals such as zinc, calcium, magnesium, and iron and prevent them from being absorbed. Sprouting modestly reduces phytic acid content .
Enzyme inhibitors are also present in seeds. They protect the seeds from spontaneously germinating but may also make the nutrients found in the seeds harder to access. Sprouting deactivates some enzyme inhibitors .
Another benefit of sprouting is that it reduces the amount of gluten, a protein found in wheat, spelt, rye, and barley. Many people have gluten-related disorders and therefore must avoid consuming gluten .
As a result of the reduction in antinutrients, Ezekiel bread may provide better nutrient bioavailability, or absorption, than bread made from grains that have not sprouted.
Sprouting increases nutrient levels and availability in grains and seeds. Sprouting also decreases the levels of some antinutrients that can reduce the absorption of nutrients from grains and seeds.
How Many Whole Grains Are In Ezekiel Bread
It contains six sprouted whole grains and legumes. Sprouted grains give it a high nutritional value because it has more fiber and protein per serving. Ezekiel bread is likely to leave you feeling fuller than normal white bread like all whole-grain meals. If you don’t want to spend $6, though, you can make yours at home. The recipe is relatively easy, and the resulting bread will be as delicious if not more than the store-bought ones.
Don’t Miss: 45 Calorie Bread Sara Lee
Potential Health Benefits Of Ezekiel Bread
Ezekiel bread has some health benefits, but is it better for you than other whole-grain breads?
The answer is not clear-cut. Few studies of sprouted grain have used human subjects. Most studies used sprouted brown rice. Also, the conditions under which sprouting takes place can affect nutritional value.
Here are some of the possible health benefits of sprouted grains:
Better Absorption of Nutrients
Sprouted grains are low in phytate, sometimes known as an anti-nutrient. Phytate can keep the body from absorbing vitamins and minerals, while sprouted grains can boost the absorption of folate, iron, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin C.
In order for the body to use the starch in grains, starch must be broken down into sugars. Sprouting begins that process, so some people find sprouted grains more digestible. This may be especially beneficial for older people .
Sprouting also increases the protein in grain and may make it more available for use by the body. The total increase in protein is around 10%.
The sprouting process increases the level of available antioxidants in cereal grains. Normally, up to 90% of polyphenols are unavailable for use by the body however, sprouting makes them more accessible. Antioxidants known as polyphenols are especially important because they inhibit the inflammatory process.
Which Store Has The Best Price For Ezekiel Bread
Which Store Has the Best Price for Ez…
We’re reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Food For Lifes Ezekiel Bread has a serious fan following, and these fans are all wondering which store has it for the best price.
The bread is made of organic, sprouted grain with no added sugar, so its a popular choice for people wanting to eat more unprocessed foods. Although its not gluten free, it is much healthier and has better nutrition stats than most store-bought breads. Its so fresh it has to be kept in the refrigerated section.
Just because you cant find Wonder Bread prices on this product doesnt mean there arent deals to be had.
Read on to get a sense for how much Ezekiel Bread costs at your favorite stores:
Read Also: Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipe
Organic Ezekiel : 9 Low Sodium Sprouted Grain Bread 24 Oz
Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Offers are specific to store listed above and limited to in-store. Promotions, discounts, and offers available in stores may not be available for online orders. The information provided on this website, including special diets and nutritional information, is for reference purposes and not intended as medical or healthcare information or advice. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should not rely solely on the information presented here and you should always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. The information provided on this website should not be relied upon to make health-related decisions.
- Opens in a new tab
You Can Buy Ezekiel Bread At Trader Joes
Trader Joes is known as a grocery store that carries several healthy food items, and they almost always stock Ezekiel bread. Unfortunately, they dont have a website to order from, so you would have to go directly into the store. They do have a handy store locator so you could find the closest store easily. You could even call before going down there to make sure they have what you want.
Don’t Miss: Panera Bread West Chester Ohio
Is Ezekiel Bread Healthy
Ezekiel Bread is different from other breads in the sense that the way you consume is the same way that it is obtained, apart from the ingredients that are used: bread with germinated grains is a healthy alternative to white flour or whole bread with grain flour, and its value lies in its germination process.
These type of culinary resources are being increasingly used by those who choose to follow a healthier diet, specially if they are sensitive to wheat or gluten. However, it is not advised for those who suffer diseases that affect the digestive system, such as Crohns disease, ulcerous colitis or gluten intolerance.
Another great benefit of the germination process is that it deactivates the anti-nutrients. These are substances from plants that work as a defense mechanisms, which can be harmful for us. Some of them are phytic acid and the inhibiting enzymes, which are substances that hinder the absorption of nutrients.
How And When Can We Eat Ezekiel Bread
Ezekiel bread has a short lifespan, which is why it is usually frozen or refrigerated. It has to be served at room temperature or heated in the oven or a toaster in order to increase its flavor.
In this way, it is an excellent choice for any time of the day: breakfast, snack, or to complete a lunch and/or dinner.
- 1 Protein Shake
- 2 Slices of Ezekiel Bread
- 1 Fruit
Also Check: Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted 7 Grain Bread
Ezekiel Bread Vs Other Types Of Bread
This bread is one of the healthiest choices that we can find if we decide to include this type of product in our diet. The main differences that we are going to find between Ezekiel bread or germinated grain and breads that are made with other procedures are:
- Complete Proteins: Ezekiel bread has 18 amino acids , thanks to its combination of legumes and grains. These elements are the building blocks of proteins, and they are necessary to perform essential tasks in the body. In this way, this bread is an important source of protein that will meet the daily requirements while being an excellent source of vegetable protein.
- Digestion: this bread has a higher degree of digestibility than others thanks to the germination of the grains, a process that does not take place to make the rest of them.
- Nutrient absorption: even though other types of bread can also have vitamins and minerals, the germinated grains of this bread significantly improve the absorption of important micronutrients such as calcium, magnesium, iron, copper or zinc, which are found in said ingredients. Moreover, it also has higher concentrations of vitamins, like vitamin C, B and E.
- Better source of fiber: we often feel disappointed when we read the ingredient list of the bread we normally buy. Supposedly, it should be whole but it has a very low concentration of these ingredients. However, Ezekiel bread will provide an important amount of fiber since it is made with grains and legumes.
Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel Bread
With this variation, you will need the same ingredients as the original Ezekiel bread with an addition of raisins and cinnamon. Start by heating water, oil, honey, and yeast in a microwave to activate the yeast. Next, stir your beans, whole grains, and ½ tablespoon of cinnamon in a separate bowl and then grind or blend well before adding the mixture to your already activated yeast mixture. Next, add a ¼ cup of raisins and combine well to a sticky dough that you will then pour into a greased bread pan and leave to rise for about 45 minutes before baking for 45 to 60 minutes. Easy isn’t it?
Read Also: Corn Bread With Sour Cream
What Is Ezekiel Bread
Ezekiel bread is different for from most other breads for several reasons.
Whereas most types of bread contain added sugar, Ezekiel bread contains none. It is also made from organic, sprouted whole grains and legumes. Sprouting changes the nutrient composition of the grains and legumes significantly.
In contrast to most commercial breads, which consist primarily of refined wheat or pulverized whole wheat, Ezekiel bread contains several types of grains and legumes:
- 4 types of cereal grains: wheat, millet, barley, and spelt
- 2 types of legumes: soybeans and lentils
All the grains and legumes are organically grown and allowed to sprout before they are processed, combined, and baked to make the final product.
Ezekiel bread is made from whole sprouted wheat, barley, spelt, millet, soybeans, and lentils. It is marketed as a more nutrient-rich choice than conventional white bread.
How Sprouting Increases Nutrients
As a result of sprouting, Ezekiel bread may contain more of some vital nutrients. Studies show that sprouting grains increases their lysine content .
Lysine is an amino acid that many plants contain in only small amounts. Increasing its levels through sprouting boosts the nutritional value of grains and seeds.
Studies also show that sprouting wheat may lead to significant increases in protein, soluble fiber, folate, and vitamin C .
Because it contains sprouted seeds, Ezekiel bread should be more nutritious than most other types of bread.
Recommended Reading: Hills Science Diet Large Breed Puppy
Ezekiel Bread Recipe Notes:
- If you have a sensitivity to wheat or gluten, just omit them and add more spelt, millet, lentils, or beans .
- I often cut this recipe in half, it works just as well.
- You need to eat this bread within about 72 hours. This bread does not have any preservatives so it will not stay fresh as long as store bought bread. Do not refrigerate this bread. If you will not consume the loaves within 72 hours you need to slice the bread, wrap it in bakers paper, and freeze it. This way you can take out slices at a time. Let it sit out in room temperature to thaw. Do not place it in the microwave or it will lose nutrients.
- You can buy the grains and beans premixed from several trusted places online however, I prefer to buy my own bags of dry beans and mix them myself. This is much more frugal, and it allows me the freedom to add exactly how much I want.
This post contains affiliate links.
- 1 egg plus 2 Tbs. water
- sunflower or sesame seeds
- dried fruit